Do you want to work at McDonald’s? Here are some MacDonald’s interview questions you might be asked in an interview, and how to answer them.
Why do you want a job at McDonald’s?
- I have been a fan of McDonald’s since I was a child.
- It is my favorite restaurant and I love the food.
- I want to work for a company that has such a big impact on the world.
- The restaurant industry is something I love and I adore interacting with people every day.
- McDonald’s gives me the flexibility to manage my time while providing training to improve my career.
- There are lots of opportunities to grow within the company. I would love to become a restaurant manager.
- The company takes excellent care of its employees and I love the flexible work environment.
Have you ever worked at McDonald’s before?
- If yes: Yes, I have worked at McDonald’s before. I was employed there for six months and had a great experience. I enjoyed the fast-paced environment and working with a team.
- If no: Simply say, “No.”
What do you know about McDonald’s?
- McDonald’s is a large, international restaurant chain, known for its quick service meals.
- It was founded by Richard and Maurice McDonald, but later purchased by Ray Kroc, who grew the company significantly.
- McDonald’s specializes in burgers, fries, salads, fruit, and yogurt.
- It employs nearly 2 million people globally.
- MacDonald’s was founded in 1940 as a barbecue restaurant.
- In 1948, they introduced the Speedee Service System, which was a fast food preparation model that was used in all of their restaurants.
- In 1955, Ray Kroc joined the company as a franchise agent and eventually purchased the chain from the McDonald brothers.
- Today, McDonald’s operates in over 100 countries and serves over 68 million customers each day.
- Some of the most popular menu items at McDonald’s include the Big Mac, Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Chicken McNuggets, and French fries.
- McDonald’s is also well-known for their breakfast menu items such as the Egg McMuffin and Sausage McMuffin.
- In recent years, McDonald’s has been working to offer healthier menu options and has introduced items such as wraps and salads.
Do you have any experience working in a restaurant?
- If yes: I do have experience in the restaurant industry. I’ve worked as a waitress, hostess, and cashier. I’ve learned a lot about customer service and how to handle different types of customers. I’ve also learned how to handle different types of situations that come up in a restaurant. I’ve worked for a few different restaurants over the years, and each one has taught me something different. I’ve been working in the restaurant industry for about 5 years now.
- If no: No, but I’ve had a lot of experience with customer service. I’ve dealt with a lot of difficult customers, and I’m always able to keep my cool and find a resolution. I’m very patient, and I always work to ensure that the customer is happy with the end result.
How can McDonald’s be improved?
- I would make McDonald’s a better company by expanding their menu to include healthier options such as salads and fruits.
- I would also create new ways to order food, such as an online ordering system that would be faster and more efficient.
- Lastly, I would come up with a novel marketing idea, such as a “Happy Meal” that would be given to customers who order a certain amount of food.
What’s your favorite menu item? Why do you like it?
- My favorite menu item from the company is their cheeseburger.
- I love how juicy and flavorful the burger is, and the cheese is always melted perfectly.
- The bun is soft and slightly toasted, and the fries are always crispy.
- I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a delicious burger.
How reliable and dependable are you?
- I am a very reliable person and I always get my work done on time.
- I have a great relationship with my coworkers and my manager.
- I know that this job requires a responsible person and I am ready to step up and do what it takes to make the customer happy.
- I am always punctual and arrive to work on time.
- I work well independently and am able to follow directions with minimal supervision.
- I take pride in my work and always aim to do my best.
- I have a strong work ethic and am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.
- I am a team player and always cooperate with my coworkers.
What other kind of experience do you have?
For this interview question, describe your other job experiences, starting with your most recent job. Be sure to highlight any jobs where you were responsible for providing customer service.
- I worked at Target for the last 2 years and it was a great learning experience.
- I worked as a cashier and interacted with customers every day.
- I feel my experience there will help me with jobs that require customer service.
- I worked at a local restaurant for a few months. It was my first job.
- It helped me understand how business and the restaurant industry works.
What are your strengths?
- I am a people person and I love making friends. I would love to interact with customers every day.
- I love food and I love making people happy by serving them excellent food.
- I have a good work ethic and I am always on schedule and very reliable.
- I am an adaptable person and I am willing to do whatever McDonald’s needs from me.
What are your weaknesses?
It is often difficult to discuss one’s weaknesses candidly. This is because individuals may feel as though they are selling themselves short or may be concerned about how their weaknesses will be perceived by others. Furthermore, it is important to avoid weaknesses that are related to key areas that McDonald’s looks for in candidates, such as customer service and work ethic:
- One of my weaknesses is that I can be a perfectionist. I understand that sometimes it is more important to get the job done in time, rather than perfectly.
- Another weakness of mine is that I sometimes lack assertiveness. This is due to lack of self-confidence in some aspects of my life. However, I do not let it interfere with the quality of my work.
Do you have any customer service experience?
Customer service is a key component of working at McDonald’s. Those with customer service experience will have an easier time being accepted for a job. However, many people who are hired have no experience in customer service. If you don’t have experience, don’t let it discourage you. Instead, emphasize your friendliness, ability to get along with others, and your ability to empathize. Any job or life experience in which you had to interact with lots of people is a positive:
- I believe that my friendliness, ability to get along with others, and ability to empathize would make me a good fit for working at McDonald’s.
- I have experience interacting with a lot of people, which I believe would be beneficial in this role.
How would you greet a customer?
- Hello, how may I help you?
- Good afternoon! What would you like to eat?
Is the customer always right?
- It is our responsibility to make sure every customer has a positive experience in our restaurant and leaves happy.
- If a customer is causing problems or being disrespectful, we will ask them to leave.
How would you react to an angry customer? What if the customer is wrong?
- I would stay calm and listen to the customer’s complaint while trying to understand their perspective.
- I would apologize and work to find a solution that meets the customer’s needs by following McDonald’s procedures.
- If that was not possible, I would communicate with the manager.
- If the customer was wrong, I should explain why they are wrong while still being respectful of their feelings.
What would you do if a customer complains that their food is taking too long?
- I am sorry to hear that the food is taking too long.
- I will check on the status and give you an estimated time of arrival.
- I apologize for the inconvenience.
- Is there anything else I can help you with in the meantime?
- I would be happy to get you a drink or anything else you may need.
Do you work well with others?
- I am a very sociable person and I work well with others.
- I am always friendly and respectful towards others, and I am very patient.
- I love working in a diverse environment and I see my colleagues as family.
- I would love to work at a restaurant where I can help deliver great food to customers.
What would you do if you caught your colleague stealing money?
- If I saw a colleague stealing money, I would first talk to the manager.
- I would let them know what I saw and then let them handle the situation according to company procedures.
- If I were the manager and saw someone stealing money, I would follow company procedures on how to deal with the situation.
- This might include talking to the employee, investigating the situation, and taking disciplinary action if necessary.
How would you handle a colleague who spends too much time on the phone instead of helping customers?
- If a colleague is spending too much time on the phone and neglecting customers, I would first warn them of the negative impact their behavior is having on the restaurant.
- If the behavior doesn’t change, I would then talk to a manager about the situation.
What position do you want to work in? What position do you not want to work in?
- I like working with customers and taking their orders. I can also work in the kitchen and make food.
- I prefer making food in the kitchen to taking orders from customers.
- I don’t have a strong preference and can work in any position in the restaurant.
Which hours can you work? Are you available to work weekends or weekdays?
- I am available to work weekends because I have family obligations during the week.
- I am available to work at night because I am going to college during the day.
- I have a flexible schedule and can work whatever hours you need me to work.
Where do you live? Do you have a car?
Living close to work is ideal, but the most important thing is being able to get to your job on time. Being able to get to work quickly and on time is more important than where you live.
- I am available to work the hours you need me to.
- I have my own transportation, so I can get here whenever you need me.
- I live far from here, but I can take public transportation to get here.
- I live close to here, so I can just walk to work.
What are your plans for the future? Do you want to go back to school?
- I am interested in learning as much as possible about the restaurant industry, with the hope of building a long-term career working for McDonald’s.
- I want to focus on my work here at McDonald’s while I finish my education, and I hope to continue working here in the future.
Are you willing to clean the bathroom?
- I am willing to do any type of work that needs to be done. I
- am not afraid to get my hands dirty and I am willing to do whatever is asked of me.
- I am a hard worker and I will do my best to make sure that the job is done well.
Why should we hire you?
- I have experience in the restaurant industry and will work hard to make sure customers are happy.
- I am a quick learner, detail oriented, and enjoy interacting with people.
- I am a hard worker and have a genuine interest in being a part of the McDonald’s team.
Do you have any questions for us?
- What schedules are available?
- Can you clarify the hourly wage for this role?
- How long have you been managing at MacDonald’s?
- What do you like most about your job?
- What is the most challenging part of your job?
- What do you think makes a successful MacDonald’s manager?